Yes....we know it's fake.

Yes....we know it's fake.

Monday, August 16, 2010

'Cuz Disco Says So: TWC sucks and other thoughts (Pt. 2)

Okay, so I changed part of this title from "TNA" to "TWC". Yes, Times Warner Cable. I was going to go back and fill in some of what we missed on the live blog last night. I think I'll leave that up to Biggs. However, I'd like to just say that it was terribly frustrating. I've seen so many bad PPV's over the years. Most fans will agree, probably for every six, you get one that even comes close to delivering. This one was one of the shows worth the money.

Listen kids, I just love being surprised by wrestling every once in a while, and losing the PPV right before the main event (and barely being able to watch the Championship matches, and completely missing Undertaker's appearance) really took that away. Don't even get me started about Daniel Bryan! Bryan (Bryan Danielson) is literally one of my favorite guys out there right now and seeing him work in person last year at Hammerstein Ballroom made me a huge fan. His sudden appearance in the main event would've been incredible. Instead I saw a glimpse of him in replay, the ultimate spoiler. Even worse, the fact we were "live blogging" the whole thing rubbed salt deeply in the wound.

By now I've had a chance to view the whole show, and overall, it was pretty great. Even without the surprise appearances by Undertaker and Bryan, there wasn't a real snoozer. Even the Diva match was entertaining for in an X-Pac sort of way. In addition, it was great to see the Nexus guys show what they can do in a headlining event. Sheffield especially got a prime spotlight. Nexus and by association, NXT, makes TNA look even more dysfunctional.

And a bonus: From the announce table, Matt Striker not (Matt Stryker) stated in Canadian-esque reference to Chris Jericho following a codebreaker to Skip Sheffield, "Though his mind is not for rent, don't put him down as arrogant"... Rush fans rejoice!

You suck, Time Warner Cable. I hate you. Wrestling may be fake, but my hatred for your sub-par product is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment