Yes....we know it's fake.

Yes....we know it's fake.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Percy Watson vs. Husky Harris

I don't watch Tuesday night WWE NXT every week, not even every other week. It's a rough hour of wrestling programming to watch. Each episode is comprised of only 2 matches. The rest of the show is crammed with interviews, flashbacks and clips of RAW and Smackdown. The matches are usually pretty good but the show suffers from all of the filler material and the horrible announcing of Michael Cole.
I'm assuming the winner of the show will come down to Kaval and Michael McGillicutty. Both of these men deserve a WWE contract. Yet, it's 2 of the other remaining contestants that I would prefer to discuss today: "Showtime" Percy Watson & Husky Harris.
Husky Harris - I love you. The son of future WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda is a gifted athlete in his own right, proving it by his successful collegiate football career. His promos are really solid but his in-ring work is incredible. For a chubby guy, his matches are quick and fluid. He's good enough to go high impact or high flying. Not many men as young as him can provide a match that believable. He reminds me of a young Adrian Adonis, before the gay gimmick and the huge weight gain.
"Showtime" Percy Watson - I hate you. I hate your guts. You can't wrestle a match that anyone would pay to see. You have an impressive physique, but that's it. Your wrestling ability is non-existent. Your gimmick is the worst I've seen com down the pike in a long, long time. You wear red eyeglasses while you wrestle and say"Oh yeah!" every 60 seconds. So annoying. I don't want to see you ever again on my television screen, in any capacity. Go away. You suck.

1 comment: