Yes....we know it's fake.

Yes....we know it's fake.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Time Warner: I hate you

So last night I spent the vast majority of SummerSlam staring at a pixelated screen...we didn't even make it to the Orton match. So when the TV turned back on with 5 minutes left in the match we got to see:

A. Super-Cena beat the Nexus in a match that made the Nexus look weak and did nothing to further the storyline.

B. See that personal favorite/pariah Bryan Danielson was somehow involved with the match, but we didn't see how he made his debut.

Needless to say the PPV was ruined for both Disco and myself. It will be the last PPV I watch with Time warner as my cable service provider I can tell you that.

So i came home this afternoon hoping to watch the end of the PPV (the replay's signal seemed OK, so i DVR'd it in hopes it would be watchable before tonight's RAW)...and the cable is still out. Internet too. So I couldn't watch the RAW tonight, and the after the cable came back on at 10:30 I finally got to see the end of the PPV. Thoughts:

Kane/Mysterio Casket match was old school fun. Lotta near falls and they both seem to work well together. If you can get past the inherent silliness of a casket match, it was really well done. Looks like a great feud coming with the Undertaker and Kane on SmackDown, and to have Kane as seemingly the "more powerful" Brother of Destruction should put a bit of spin on it. How will the Undertaker regain the Power of the Druids?!

God I hate Cena so much...he really is the Hulk Hogan of the New Century, he might as well be telling all his Cenamaniacs to never give up and take their vitamins. I now understand why my dad thought '80s wrestling was stupid...anyway, even my DVR'd SummerSlam was kinda messed up, so I missed the Nexus intro, but I DID see Bryan Danielson's debut. I knew it was coming so it wasn't much of a shock, but it was nice to see him get a decent pop at a big time PPV. I couldn't help but think, though, that it was sad that a wrestler of his ability, demeanor, and size would have to ply his trade in this PG era WWE...I suppose the alternative is to be jerked around in TNA or make no money. I'm glad he's doing better than Nigel and Samoa Joe, but with his size, will he ever be more than United States champion?

This main event was decent...nice to see Danielson bring back the cross-face, and I'm surprised they didn't fire him for doing it...Bret Hart looked OK, even with the T-Shirt (wrestling in a t-shirt, as we all know, is a sign that your career is over), and the rest was as predictable as if a 13 year old wrote it...how will John Cena get out of this predicament? DDT on the concrete? Nothing is to much to overcome if you just never give up, kids.

I give up John. I see you...and you are giving pro wrestling a bad name.

No comments:

Post a Comment